[OSList] Art of Hosting Beyond the Basics, October 21-23, Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Chris Corrigan via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Tue Sep 29 10:23:47 PDT 2015

Hi friends and colleagues

Over the past four years, Tuesday Ryan-Hart, Caitlin Frost, Tim Merry and I have been sitting down and thinking about our learning about the way participatory leadership intersects with power, systems change, large scale and sustainable engagement and deep personal practice.  We have combed through years of our stories and experiences, and developed a learning offering that shares some of our theory, deep practices and stories of systems change.

Over the past two years Art of Hosting Beyond the Basics <http://www.aohbtb.com/> has travelled across Canada, the United States and once to Europe and we have been lucky to welcome nearly 300 people to our three day program.  They have come from all over the world and every conceivable sector in which leadership, engagement and people and the tools that create new worlds.

From October 21-23 we offer our final instalment of the current round of Art of Hosting Beyond the Basics, in Kingston Ontario, Canada, Over three days we will gather on the Lake Ontario shoreline to engage in conversations about applied complexity, participatory leadership, and the challenges of scaling up the results from large group methods like World Cafe and Open Space Technology.  We will talk about power and friendship in change work, and broadening and deepening our impact when it comes to community engagement, employee engagement, strategy and systemic change.

We already have a fascinating group of people coming, including academics, health care systems workers, community activists, people who work in First Nations and managers from companies.  That diversity leads to terrific learning, and we’d be excited for you to join us.

If you have been working with facilitation, complexity and engagement for a while, this is for you.  It’s not a beginners course, but neither is it inaccessible for people just starting in this field who want to accelerate their learning.  It’s applied and grounded theory, learning based in stories and a full day of design and coaching for new and existing projects.

We still have seats left.  Join us!  You can learn more and register here: http://www.aohbtb.com/ontario.html <http://www.aohbtb.com/ontario.html>

Chris, Tuesday, Caitlin and Tim.