[OSList] florian fischer has passed away

Peggy Holman via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Fri Oct 30 10:43:06 PDT 2015

Like Chris, I fell in love with Florian the first time I met him. It was at OSonOS in Berlin in 2000. Among his many gifts, he was a poet. I turned a pamphlet he created of his poems <http://peggyholman.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Florians-Poems.pdf> about Open Space into a pdf. He called it "Weying in Open Space". He coined the term weying to speak of identity grounded in “we”. From a paper he wrote:

 When boundaries connect as well as separate, then it is not a matter of here and there, not of we and you, but rather a matter of the distinction within the unit, it is a matter of unity in the network of complex structures.

One thing that impressed me about Florian was his learning more English so that he could participate more in the Open Space community. I saw him at several OSonOS gatherings, including Vancouver, BC in 2001 and at the “Svenmark OSOnOS (Sweden/Denmark), where these pictures were taken in 2003:
http://peggyholman.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Florian.jpg <http://peggyholman.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Florian.jpg>

http://peggyholman.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Florian-at-OSonOS-DenmarkDSCN3727.jpg <http://peggyholman.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Florian-at-OSonOS-DenmarkDSCN3727.jpg>

I always had the sense that anything could happen when Florian was around. He will be missed.

Appreciatively,
Peggy

_________________________________
Peggy Holman