[OSList] florian fischer has passed away

Alan Stewart via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Oct 29 16:47:12 PDT 2015

Dear Catherine and All

Sad new that Florian is no longer with us and yet great celebration of who
he was and what he contributed to our Open Space community.

I loved his posts on the list, invariably poetic, ‘quirky ‘and deep.

One such contained:

nur umwege fuehren zur loesung -

  only detours lead to a solution -

es gibt nur umwege -

  there is nothing but detours -

alle wege fuehren zu einer loesung

  every road leads to a solution -

es gibt nur eine loesung -

  there is only one solution -

jede loesung führt zu einer weiteren loesung -

  every solution leads to a following one -

Florian and I met only once and briefly when I stayed overnight at his home
in Berlin in 2004. What a memorable time he, Katharina and I had savouring
the cafes – one on a boat – and music on that balmy spring evening. See
photo attached.

We corresponded periodically, joyfully and I regarded him as a close
friend.

A lovely, lively spirit was our mate Florian.

Looking forward

Alan

Adelaide

On 30 October 2015 at 09:28, Catherine Pfaehler via OSList <