[OSList] The Tyranny of Structurelessness

Michael Herman via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Mon Oct 5 10:42:31 PDT 2015

> "There can be no river unless the mountain spring makes a sacred promise
to the sea."

wow!

years ago, when i wrote about the "inviting organization," based on my own
translation of ken wilber into org terms, i suggested the strategic
question that currently mattered was "how inviting is your organization?"
 this went one step beyond what fast company magazine had just hailed in a
cover story as the next great strategic question.  i also offered a guess
that the NEXT next question would be "how light is your organization."

you took me first to electrons, paul, with velocity and position.  then i
remembered "how light is..."  particle and wave.  and as i've mentioned
before, it's not that either structure or flow is more important than the
other -- it's the going back and forth that strengthens organization.

--

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates