[OSList] An invitation for future invitations to WOSONOS

christine koehler via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Oct 1 08:51:41 PDT 2015

Hi everyone

I find really interesting to observe what is happening
On one hand, there is the theory (Harrison, I don't mean that you "are" the
theory, but you remind us on what is important and yes, we do hear your
voice as a very important one)  : a self-organized community , living (or
trying to live with) its principles, no organizational structure, so no
trouble of decision making processes. As Harrison says, it's simple, be the
first to invite , if there is someone, you'll have it next year, or do it
at different places and that's all. Let's have fun and do one less thing.

On the other hand, there are things we can observe : people or teams
working very hard for wosonos (I did it for osonos, so I know what it mean
very well ;)) , decision processes that make some people very
uncomfortable, people who care very much and also people who don't care and
who don't understand the tension they can feel when the topic comes out.
Hey, we are humain, we tend to make things complicate because we are not
just mere brains but have opinion  and feelings about how things should go
or could go, about who is doing what and taking this particular position in
the community etc..

So this create what Pernilla calls tradition. rituals. Groups tend to need
rituals, don't they ?

What I saw in Krakow is people uncomfortable with the way things were being
made and other people trying to suggest new ways of doing them. But then,
how do we do ? Who can decide ? How can we stay "true to open space", not
make things too complicate and still be fair for all, especially when "all"
is the community, ie not only the people in the room but also people who
feel part of the community (most of them on this list).

I must confess that I am very curious to observe how this conversation
evolves, as I will learn from whatever happens. This topic for me could be
: how can we make decisions that engage the whole community in a
self-organized community without decision making process, only with
conversation, and moreover, online conversation ? (ouch this is a long
sentence)

No doubt a very interesting topic for most of us these days.

Christine

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 4:40 PM, Marie Nelson via OSList <

> A more integrative vision, in so many ways.

[image: Christine Koehler, créatrice d'espace de Dialogue et de Coopération]
 Executive Coach, Facilitatrice en intelligence collective
 www.christine-koehler.fr
 Tel :  06 13 28 71 38
  Fax :    09  72  32 36  65
<http://christine-koehler.fr/2013/formation-de-levenement-au-processus-avril-2013/>