[OSList] Workshops in California, USA - The Power of Pre-Work (November); The World Cafe Learning Workshop -and- The Open Space Learning Workshop (December) 2015

Lisa Heft - via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Fri Oct 2 22:06:37 PDT 2015

Hello, dear colleagues -

Thank you Michael and Harold for creating more spaces for us to share about the learning opportunities. As these are developing - and because I notice that people come into information via all different avenues, I will also share news of these workshops here on the list.

This is an invitation to three facilitation workshops happening in California.
Please contact me at lisaheft at openingspace.net for more information and to register.

For those of you living in other regions, do know that the registration fees for any workshop I host is whatever you each individually can afford, so if by chance you can afford the travel and accommodation costs I welcome you to join us for these West Coast USA workshops.

___Contact me for more information about content, schedule and pricing_____

The Power of Pre-Work
Thursday and Friday November 12-13 - Oakland, California USA

In this interactive workshop we explore all the interconnected elements that support productivity and engagement in face-to-face dialogue event, both for Open Space and for other conversation-based facilitated processes. From the design of the physical space, to thinking about the strategy and nature of invitation, to documentation design and more. For all levels of experience - however you will get more out of this workshop if you already facilitate.

___

The World Cafe Learning Workshop
Thursday and Friday December 3-4 - Oakland, California USA

Some of you who do Open Space have also found World Cafe to be very useful and productive. Come join me to explore and share lessons-learned about this wonderful process. As you may know, these participant-driven forms can be deceptively simple. But just as for Open Space: To really use them well, it is essential to understand what is below the surface: when they are useful and when not, how your intervening can help or negatively impact the participants’ work, and what makes useful, clear, strategic questions. For those of you new to this process as well as those who have experience using it.

___

The Open Space Learning Workshop
Saturday and Sunday December 12-13 - Los Angeles, California USA
With an optional evening conversation on December 12 about our work using dialogue processes within organizations.

Join me to share ideas, lessons-learned and experiences about facilitating (and being in) Open Space. Is what some people may have heard about or experienced really Open Space? What holds together as Open Space? When is it productive, and when is it the wrong method to use entirely? How can you reduce participants’ potential? Learn how this really interesting method is used around the world for everything from strategic planning to building an airplane door to conflict transformation. For facilitators new to Open Space as well as those who have experience using it.

___

I look forward to sharing learning with you,
Lisa

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
Opening Space