[OSList] What's authority got to do with Open Space ?

Koos de Heer via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sun Nov 29 21:57:42 PST 2015

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for an interesting line of thought. What I am thinking is that
there is also the aspect of a person standing up and speaking for a passion
that they have (be it in the form of raising a topic or just speaking in a
break out session) and in that way claiming authority. In your essay,
authority seems to always come from someone else. And of course authority
only is there when others believe it to be there. But the initiative to
bestow authority on me does not always come from others. I can also initiate
that process of authorizing myself by taking responsibility for my passion.

Koos