[OSList] florian fischer has passed away

Raffi Aftandelian via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sun Nov 1 21:33:04 PST 2015

My goodness! So unexpected! I remember meeting him in a training led by Marv and Sandra in 2003 in Potsdam, if I'm not mistaken.
I was taken by his playfulness and poetry. And I remember thinking, "Gosh, I'd love to have that sense of lightness, open-heartedness, presence, and play when I'm his age."
What a gift he is/was to the world.
Florian offered the poem/reflection for Living Peace in 2007.
Raffi
Living peace

Florian Fischer

There is a special space

where I'm studying peace,

studying almost permanently,

how to welcome peace, how to practice peace,

how to hold peace, how to live peace:

It is the space between

»This is what I intended - but this is what happened*.

An interval, a void, a break, a silence.

It is the difference between frustration and acceptance,

it is the way from No to Yes - and from Yes to No,

it is the insight, that imagination,

not only sometimes but every time,

switches to illusion in the moment of realisation,

it is the deep breathe before agreeing the change,

and when it seems another person is changing my mind,

it is the space to transform

my ill humor about dependance into humbleness

to see that they themselves are not less dependent.

Sometimes it is the waiting-room

to host a thrilling idea from conception to birth,

sometimes it is an open space where a fear disappears

and something dissolves just like that.

In any case it is the playground between my own self

and the self which is working on self-organization.

It is all only about my inner peace,

my only possible contribution to peace in the world.

Rodalquilar, 30.12.2007

**************There is a societal ill that Pindostani civilization is loathe to acknowledge. It is far more dangerous than hubris. We call it false immodesty.