[OSList] Less is sometimes more. Poetry contest.

Lisa Heft - via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Fri May 1 05:46:05 PDT 2015

Poetry contest.
Don’t have to be “a poet”.
Try it - discover.

There. A haiku (five syllables, seven syllables, five syllables) to remind you to discover yourself a poet by writing a haiku about...

sometimes less is more, when Open Space is used

…and email me directly with your poetry.
I welcome your entries up until midnight wherever you are in the world, May 7.

Try your hand at it.
Amazing how words may flow.
And dance together.

There. Another haiku. I look forward to receiving your haiku like a little origami airplane floating into my mailbox.

Lisa

___see below for more about this invitation_____

The Spring 2015 OSLIST Restricted Form Poetry Contest.

___

Our dear OSLIST has its own resident Poet Laureate, holding space for poetry in any way they so enjoy, for about six months. I once again had the honor of being this season’s Poet Laureate, and you can find my ‘found poetry’ in the archives. Inspired by the late great Laurel Doersam, I took excerpts from juicy conversations we had here on the list during my Poet Laureate season, pulled the sentences apart, sat with them, and floated them back together in ways that made meaning and showed patterns to me. And then I offered them back to you as gifts of your own collective voice, during my poetic reign.

An OSLIST Poet Laureate does not have to be a poet. You are simply invited to have fun with words. For about six months, until you host the next contest (and some poets ask me to do it on their behalf, for which I am honored). ‘Restricted form’ means you are inviting people to work within a constraint, a certain shape, pattern or theme.
So here…we… go.

___

For the Spring 2015 OSLIST Restricted Form Poetry Contest, I invite you to do the following. In honor of Harrison loving me when I go on and then saying, in quite a bit about doing less, in a few words. I invite you to write a haiku about how less is sometimes more, when Open Space is used.
A haiku is 3 lines. First line = 5 syllables, second line = 7 syllables, third line = 5 syllables.

Send me your haiku *directly* - not on the list - to lisaheft at openingspace.net.
Three lines per poem.
About how less is sometimes more, when Open Space is used.

I will collect them, then show them back to you so collectively we can select one, therefore selecting our next Poet Laureate.
Who will hold space for poetry on the OSLIST, for about the next 6 months.

Deadline: Midnight wherever you are in the world, Thursday May 7.

Have fun,

Lisa Heft
Spring 2006 and Spring 2015 Poet Laureate, OSLIST
also known as Access Queen
and a few other things