[OSList] The youngest OS convener?

Artur Silva via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Jun 25 01:46:37 PDT 2015

Marvelous, Linda :-)
Regards from sunny Lisbon
Artur
      From: Linda Stevenson via OSList <oslist at lists.openspacetech.org>
 To: os list <oslist at lists.openspacetech.org>
 Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 8:21 PM
 Subject: [OSList] The youngest OS convener?

<!--#yiv2126621357 .yiv2126621357hmmessage P{margin:0px;padding:0px;}#yiv2126621357 body.yiv2126621357hmmessage{font-size:12pt;font-family:Calibri;}-->Last week while facilitating an Open Space on "creating a vibrant parish community" which included 85 people ages 3 to 93, the youngest took some markers and paper just to color, so I thought, but she reappeared to hold up her drawing and with her older sister by her side who announced that the drawing was the playground she wanted.

This adorable three year took everyone by surprise, myself included, and a session was convened around her drawing and the feasibility of creating a playground at the parish.

Passion doesn't know age!

As always, the community was surprised and amazed with the participation and the results.  One long-time parishioner said it was the first time she had had a voice in the parish, and another asked me to leave behind The Five Principles poster on the wall to remind them of what they had experienced.  More than a few said they were very skeptical before hand and delighted afterwards.  Some intended to leave after an hour but stayed until the closing.  Things that we all hear all the time when opening and closing space.

Thank you, Harrison, for sharing your 30 year experiment with all of us,

Linda

Past archives can be viewed here: http://www.mail-archive.com/oslist@lists.openspacetech.org