[OSList] What is Open Space?

Martin Grimshaw via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Tue Jun 2 06:23:35 PDT 2015

Hi folks

There's plenty of great material out there, and a few people have tried
to write articles answering the question: What Is Open Space?

When trawling the internet though, it can be hard to find a nice neat
answer, or one that fits the seeker's needs. So I decided to write a
piece in the hope of helping to answer that question for those in need,
while adding my own flavour to the mix and generally adding to the
resources out there. It is also really important when communicating with
clients to have something to refer to that tries to sum it up, and
points towards further resources.

I might try to write another more succinct version sometime, but for now
I hope you find this useful. Feedback very welcome, as well as
suggestions for extra links in the 'further reading' bit at the end. If
you like it, please share or use it to your heart's content.
*http://caterfly.co.uk/what-is-open-space-post/*

Warm regards

Martin Grimshaw
07591 552420

There's Better Ways Of Working <http://2bwow.org.uk>
a Thriving Planet <http://ThrivingPlanet.org.uk> project.
Twitter @ThrivingPlanet <http://twitter.com/ThrivingPlanet>@CaterflyOST
<http://twitter.com/CaterflyOST>
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/martingrimshawbrighton>
Caterfly <http://www.caterfly.co.uk>: For smart, responsive and
collaborative workplaces
Follow our Art Of Work <http://2bwow.org.uk/artofwork/> and Smarter
Working <http://caterfly.co.uk/the-buzz/> blogs

/Tools For A Smarter Planet:/ Facilitation, organisational consultancy,
training, support for start-ups

Thriving Planet Community Interest Company is a 'Fair Shares' social
enterprise for personal, organisational and planetary wellbeing.

*Early Bird Tickets open: *Shift: Why Isn't Organisational Change
Happening? 21/7, Learn how to use Open Space to host participant-led
unConferences 12/6 & 21-22/8, Mindfulness for Smarter Living &
Sociocracy for Dummies each 1 week, September, Greece ....
http://2bwow.org.uk/workshops/