[OSList] News from VOSonOS

Suzanne Daigle via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Jul 9 05:00:03 PDT 2015

Dear Michael, Lucas and world-wide colleagues and friends,

I was travelling yesterday and could not participate. Today I will. I am
blown away by the quality of what Michael and Lucas have created.

I had communicated with both of them to say how sorry I was that I couldn't
join, that I would try in between flights to have a peak. How touched and
surprised I was to get a note from Michael sending me links to make it as
easy as possible for me to see the topics and notes from the sessions.
Lucas was just as kind in his personal emails.

This morning I went to check the schedule and to look at the marketplace
wall. I continue to be in awe at what has been created, the quality of it,
how it weaves with available technologies and how much it "gets" the true
spirit of Open Space. And this is just a beginning!  I know something
important is happening here. The OS hotline has already demonstrated the
power and magic of how we can connect virtually with a depth and intimacy
that comes awfully darn close if not better at times than what we
experience in real person being together. Though the intention is never to
replace face-to-face; just a wonderful alternative. I admire the quest for
simplicity and ease...a less is more that will happen over time just as
happened with Open Space Technology.

I submitted a topic and printed the calendar (attached here -- though all
the links are there from the website to retrieve and with such little
effort... so easy to navigate). Just the layout of the calendar (time
zones, session numbers, etc.)  tells you the care and caring of what's
being invited with this event. I've already used the lined white space on
the right of my printed schedule to write down topics and conveners that I
want to join over the next 3 to 4 days.

Anyway I had to share my excitement...the same gut feel I had when I first
experienced Open Space knowing there was something much bigger behind it
than I could imagine. Little did I know how much it would capture head and
heart over the past 6 years.

Today I extend another invitation to y'all. The joy in this is not only to
be part of a living experiment and to learn and engage in topics we are
passionate about;  it's also the anticipation of meeting new and old
friends from around the world.

Suzanne

Suzanne Daigle
Open Space Facilitator
NuFocus Strategic Group

FL 941-359-8877
Cell: 203-722-2009
www.nufocusgroup.com
s.daigle at nufocusgroup.com
Twitter @Daiglesuz

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 7:01 AM, Michael Herman via OSList <