[OSList] Open Space, Liberty, and Liberality

Daniel Mezick via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Mon Dec 28 07:33:09 PST 2015

I think you are on to something here Jeff. The establishment (and mutual
use of) a commons certainly requires shared understandings, and the
implicit honoring of basic agreements.

In the USA, for example, there is a "commons of expression" which is
established and then managed via one, simple, elegant rule called "The
1st Amendment." When this simple rule is not honored, or is ignored, we
get a reduction in the diversity and volume of expression-flow.

When this happens, the best ideas never see the light of day. Something
about "closed space."

Are "closed minds" and "closed space" correlated? Does one beget the
other? What does it mean to censor expression in an open space?

What is the relationship between " liberté " and open space?

Daniel

Related link:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or *abridging the freedom of
speech*, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to
assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

--
(203) 915 7248. Bio. <http://www.DanielMezick.com/> Blog.