[OSList] Open Space wherever, however, whenever, with whomever as often as you can

Jan Höglund via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Wed Dec 9 10:30:48 PST 2015

Well, who does Donal Trump invite? Not Muslims obviously.

I just read "Talking to the Enemy" by Scott Atran https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14848338-talking-to-the-enemy

Yes, it's about opening space...

I'll write a book review some day.

/Jan

To: oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 09:49:23 -0500
Subject: Re: [OSList] Open Space wherever, however, whenever, with whomever as often as you can
From: oslist at lists.openspacetech.org

    Wait. Is Donald Trump invited? His ideas?

    Are those who have thus far repressed similar thoughts and feelings
    as expressed by Trump...are they also invited?

    Because: if he is not, if they are not, if those ideas are not,
    then: the space that is purportedly open is in fact closed.

    VERY closed.

    Perhaps this dynamic is what causing Trump's various expressions to
    resonate? Perhaps this dynamic is in fact energizing Trump's
    campaign?

    http://www.trans4mind.com/jamesharveystout/repress.htm

    Repression. It is similar to suppression in that a thought or
    feeling or emotion is not expressed -- but in repression, we deny
    that the element even exists.

    On 12/8/15 7:48 AM, Harrison Owen via
      OSList wrote:

        “Donald Trump calls for ‘total’ ban on
          Muslims entering United States”
        (Washington Post 12/8/15)

        Donald Trump has said what some people here
          in the USA (and elsewhere in the world) have also been saying
          and feeling. These are the words of fear. Unfortunately they
          are also the words of a demagogue, seeking to play upon the
          fears of others. That there is danger is clear, but an
          infinitely greater danger is that we sacrifice our essential
          humanity to our fear. Sealing our borders, closing our doors
          and windows... we close our space. And while it may appear
          safer, that is an allusion. Life cannot be lived without space
          to live in. We are no exception.

        Recently we have been celebrating the
          warmth and depth of this global community. It is a wonder. But
          the beauty of this community is not an inherent gift, I
          believe. Rather it is the reflection of what we do. Opening
          Space. Opening space is not magic. We did not invent it. It is
          not even complicated. At root level it is simply inviting
          people to be fully who and what they are, to greet each other
          and to enjoy the space. We can do it. We can invite others to
          do it. And now is the time.

        Harrison

        Winter Address
        7808 River Falls Drive
        Potomac, MD 20854
        301-365-2093

        Summer Address
        189 Beaucaire Ave.
        Camden, ME 04843
        207-763-3261

        Websites

              www.openspaceworld.com
        www.ho-image.com
        OSLIST To
            subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the
            archives of OSLIST Go to:http://lists.openspacetech.org/listinfo.cgi/oslist-openspacetech.org

Past archives can be viewed here: http://www.mail-archive.com/oslist@lists.openspacetech.org

    --

      Daniel Mezick