[OSList] An innovative way of connecting among we human becomings

Alan Stewart via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Tue Dec 8 04:04:52 PST 2015

G'day to Far Flung Friends

This may stretch you a little! <smile>

For you may be interested to learn that an enterprise which I have
called Conversare
in the Market <http://conversare.net/?p=1923> is now happening. This is an
adaptation of the events held initially and happily in Hong Kong which
received such enthusiastic support. <http://conversare.net/?page_id=834>

Integral to it is an innovative form of hosting which is based squarely on
principles of Open Space Technology (OST) <http://www.openspaceworld.org>and
of the World Cafe . <http://www.theworldcafe.com>With both of which I have
longstanding practice and fine connections.

Conversare <http://conversare.net/?page_id=250> will likely be a component
of the social program at the *24th Annual World Open Space on Open Space
(WOSonOS*) in Manila next November.

*Conversare in the Market *has recently received widespread notice through
a nationwide radio program here in Oz. You can hear my interview as
mentioned below in a podcast which expires on Sunday 13 Dec. *

It’s had a somewhat wobbly start given we’re in the ‘silly season’ here
with a lot of end of year functions for people to attend too. The long
Christmas school holidays start on Friday. Nonetheless we're off ...

What precisely is it that my event organiser colleague Samone and I are now
offering?

Hosted social gatherings in public spaces which anyone who comes joins in
having juicy conversations. Over a fine meal, in pairs among people who
have not previously met. Anyone who wishes to come along is welcome,
everybody present has a meal with a stranger, everyone does this and is a
full participant.

Part of the purpose is to provide an experience of conscious conversing.
And a reminder of how much is to be gained – and enjoyed - when we engage
f2f respectfully and non judgmentally through careful listening and
questioning.  For more on '*What Conversare is and what it is not*' see here
<http://conversare.net/?page_id=250> and here
<http://conversare.net/?page_id=2002>

*Could this innovative social process come to be seen as a component of the
broad thrust of encouragement to become a more 'ideas' and agile oriented
people?*

What do you think of the fact that these events are being held in a major
shopping centre? Here in just the ‘right place’, the Adelaide Central
Market.
<http://www.southaustralia.com/en/local-knowledge/this-is-the-best-food-market-in-australia-heres-why#.Vk13WsKnwIk.twitter>

<http://www.southaustralia.com/en/local-knowledge/this-is-the-best-food-market-in-australia-heres-why#.Vk13WsKnwIk.twitter>

And that it has the full support of the Management? See here
<http://www.adelaidecentralmarket.com.au/news/conversare-in-the-market/>
and here
<http://www.adelaidecitycouncil.com/whats-on/P36?start_date=2015-12-01&end_date=2015-12-31&category>

<http://www.adelaidecitycouncil.com/whats-on/P36?start_date=2015-12-01&end_date=2015-12-31&category>

The project had ‘wholesome’ nationwide publicity recently. This was from my
interview with ‘Macca’ (Ian McNamara), host of the long running and much
followed early Sunday radio program ‘Australia All Over’
<http://www.abc.net.au/australiaallover/>. Ian often comments that one of
his main pleasures as he travels around the country is having conversations
with strangers.

** You can hear the interview here
<https://radio.abc.net.au/programitem/pe8P3KqBML?play=true> at starting
time 3 hours 54 mins. This podcast will be up until Sunday 13Dec. *

I would be pleased, naturally, to receive your comments on this. <smile>
You could do this on our Facebook page
<https://www.facebook.com/ConversareSA> or other way, as you wish.

*The next event in this first series is on 12 Jan 2015.*

Looking forward.

Go well

Alan

*Alan Stewart, PhD Facilitator of conversations that matter and
participatory fun Mob: +61413848680 <0413848680> Web**: Multimind Solutions*
<http://www.multimindsolutions.com>
* Blog: **Conversare* <http://conversare.net/?page_id=250>
* Member of *
*National Trouble Makers Union * <http://www.ntmu.com.au>

<http://www.ntmu.com.au>

 *"If there's dancing count me in"*

PS. The attached cartoon may resonate with you. A friend, in Canada,
commented, “rather apropos from my experiences these days.” Another said “I
can’t see any humour in this. It is so sad.”