[OSList] Campus Europae Higher Education Open Space

Michael M Pannwitz via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sun Aug 16 23:38:03 PDT 2015

Dear Harold and you other os workers around the world,

here is what I can do every day as far as "easy" steps are concerned

--- talk to someone today about what it means to a groups, an
organísation and other similar critters to experience the force of
selforganisation (pointing out that being in an OST event usually delivers)
--- tell someone about a pretty good starting point to find out more
about OST (books on the subject written by the fellow who stumbled on
this and books by experienced os-practitioners on their work)
--- calling a sponsor and have a chat on how things are going days or
months or years after an os-event I facilitated
--- contacting someone I think would benefit from and contribute to the
spread of open space and invite her/him to come to Krakow (it would be
great to have sponsors in Krakow)

I guess there are many other "easy" steps for many of us.

What I think belongs to the things not to do is what I have experienced
in my former life as an OD consultant, supervisor, trainer: Creating
standards, defining what it is and isnt, having a way of certifying
os-workers/facilitators/supervisors/etc and creating institutions to
watch over, copyright, etc. a  process that has been unfolding since the
big bang, packaging it like a "new", "revolutionary", "highly
effective", "etc" medicine... its a sure way down to ossification and
formalisation...

Greetings from a lovely morning in Berlin
mmp