[OSList] Off topic - a bit

Kári Gunnarsson via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Tue Sep 30 08:09:06 PDT 2014

I say, this is open space, and here we have a topic on the wall. I bring my
passion to the wall and take responsibility of my own experience and
participation in the topics.

So I share what I found in my internal dialogue while English is only my
3rd language.

1.
 I ask google:

https://www.google.is/search?q=define+lonely
* sad because one has no friends or company. -> antonyms:    popular
* without companions; solitary. -> antonyms:    sociable
* (of a place) unfrequented and remote. -> antonyms:    populous, crowded

2.
 I ask opposite-dictionary

http://www.opposite-dictionary.com/

* antonyms: Accompanied

3.
And I ask my gut

* antonyms: happy, content, frolicsome, patience, playful, gay,
light-hearted, high-spirited...

*-*

and now I find the connection to open space as the keyword "high-spirited"
connects to writings abut open space.

For opening the space with a proper topic will open up space for people to
feel "high-spirited" and energized instead of lonely.

*I like to propose a new topic, "is it always possible to open up space for
the lonely to find their passion? "*
This topic touches upon me now for the news article I was just reading
before opening my mail was about how hate-groups hiding behind religion use
the lure of purpose to recruit the lonely and afraid people. (the example
in the local article used heathendom and white-supremacy hate-groups).

On 30 September 2014 10:54, Annamarie Pluhar via OSList <

> Hi all,
>
> For work that I'm doing that has nothing to do with OS... because there
> are a lot of people on this list who are multi-lingual I hope that you will
> forgive me for asking an off topic question.
>
> For those who have a mother tongue (father tongue?) that is not
> English....  Does your language have a word that is the opposite of
> "lonely"?
>
> Feel free to respond to me off list..
>
> annamarie at pluharconsulting.com
>
> Thanks!