[OSList] Thinking about hosting a future WOSonOS? Wisdom from Past Hosts

Lisa Heft - lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon Sep 15 20:08:22 PDT 2014

Yes indeed - I was the WAVE!
Although somehow I remember Thomas dressing up an egg. Another year? Ukraine? Moscow?

For those of you who did not experience the wave, I created a way of inviting that included describing San Francisco Bay, the waves coming through the Golden Gate Bridge, and the little crabs in the Bay. this was the year-before’s invitation. One of the years before, anyway. And then at the WOSonOS that eventually happened in San Francisco, we ‘arrived’ by opening the conference with the full group becoming that bridge, becoming those welcoming crabs, becoming the w-a-v-e…

The late great Brian Bainbridge created a map of Australia on the floor at the Vancouver conference in 2001 and gave us all little koala candies as he told us stories of his welcoming continent.
Brian told the story and I “became” Janet Pinto to invite to Goa, India on her behalf, when we met in “Swenmark”.
The Taiwan team brought fortune cookies (do I remember correctly?) and other treats as they shared about their country.
Lovely Arturo and I did an illustrated show with music with art that Phelim had designed and created when we were representing them in Chile, to invite the world to London.
And other years, and other lovely invitations…

And yes, lots of hugs…

Lisa