[OSList] Hospital story from Thomas Herrmann

Elisabeth Tepper Kofod elitepperk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 07:06:30 PDT 2014

Dear Thomas,
Thanks again for sharing.
Your real-life experience is a learning tool for all of us.
Love
Elisabeth

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 5:55 AM, Thomas Herrmann <
thomas at openspaceconsulting.com> wrote:

> …and a brief report back.
> Woow - last Friday the energy was back again. Lots of energy all through
> the day and relieved leadership (-:
> Apart from skipping the presentations, the top leader had sharpened the
> introduction with more focus on his/their vision - good to best.
> Then I had looked over some details that were not perfect the previous
> time such as coffee in place earlier and a better area for having coffee
> and a chat before entering the room. Although I always prepare the room for
> about 3 hours the day before I love to be an hour before the next morning,
> the previous Friday I accepter 1/2 hour. This time I asked for a full hour
> of being, before they arrived… I also put a flower in the center (with the
> stones and the patchwork). The leader sat opposite me in the circle.
> Another thing. The leadership team asked if it was OK they brought topics
> if they feel a need. I answered that of course they can, but only if they
> feel something in their interest is missing, not to save anything but to
> add something they miss. So they brought some of the 19 topics.
>
> I opened space in about the same way, maybe a bit more "on my
> toes"/focused/sharpened - anyhow, both times a full opening even though
> most of them did it before. I agree it's an important ritual.
>
> So what effect do different adjustments have? Was it the flower?
> Well, that the message was more clear from leadership + no presentation -
> I think were the major reasons behind that the energy was so much higher
> this time. Good learning for all of us.
>
> Some people thought that there was a little too much time during the day.
> So maybe next time (if the situation is similar) we can have a little
> shorter day/session times. We went from 8-17 with 3 sessions á 1,5 hours
> sessions + reading, re-opening and 45-60 mts for working with action plans
> and closing.
>
> So there were in all 18 action plans produced in these 2 events. 9 on each
> of the two days. On October 1st we'll meet with the sponsors and the
> leadership team, to give space to share what has happened so far, think
> about if they want to merge/cooperate between groups and plan next steps
> (usually I recommend this meeting is within 2 weeks).
> Cheers
> Thomas
>

> 26 aug 2014 kl. 15:23 skrev Thomas Herrmann <
> thomas at openspaceconsulting.com>:
>
> Hi dear Michael, thanks for asking
> I'll share some more…
> SHORT OR LONG OST
> One of the persons in the leadership team of the department I am working
> with had somehow heard about OST and got in touch with me. Originally they
> had other plans for the second day but wanted OST for the first. So I met
> with the team and shared how I work with OST - focus on thorough pre-work
> and follow up - and of course I got very excited to learn they actually had
> two staff days planned. When I shared my excitement it started to
> [...]

*E**lisabeth **T**epper **K**ofod*
*Facilitadora de Procesos de Transformación*
Genuine Contact Professional & Co-owner
Master Practitioner. Coach & Trainer PNL
Terapia Sistémica - Constelaciones Familiares
elitepperk at gmail.com
58 212 986 4254
58 424 256 5855