[OSList] WOSonOS15

karolina iwa karolinaiwa at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 11:57:00 PDT 2014

dear OSLIST,

it is with great joy that we write to you from belgrade airport, just moments after the end of WOSonOS14. it was a great event, full of rich conversations and shared moments of deep synchronicity.

in the decision making process of WHERE IS THE WOSonOS15 TAKING PLACE something strange and beautiful happened. my lovely colleague, sylwia myszka and i, knowing that the next gathering will most probably take place overseas extended an invitation to all the ones who will be staying more local to join the 4th (EUROPEAN) OPEN SPACE LEARNING EXCHANGE (which, for making things easier we call LEXOS), which we are happy to host next year in poland.

as there was no clear message from the other inviters for WOSonOS15 (spain, mexico and china) to the community confirming the invitation, and poland was present and ready to take the responsibility, the participants who were there decided to make the LEXOS (which would be a local event) become a WOSonOS (so a global one). we - sylwia and i and the other poles present at the event - are more than happy with the honour, and at the same time we are aware, that: a. there is the whole rest of you who were not in belgrade, who also have a say in the selection of the next place, b. there were invitations expressed by three other countries. so we want to give it a moment for the others to react and say WAIT, WE ARE IN THE GAME AS WELL!

either way, we will be hosting an OST event in poland, no matter if it primarily invites the european & around community or the world community. we feel it is the right moment for poland to step up, and there are plenty of us to share the responsibility (alone on the WOSonOS there were EIGHT - and a half - with tova :) - people from poland, so over 20% of the participants!).

we are happy to invite you already!

the dates are clear: 10-13 september 2015, the place will be confirmed shortly.

we would love to organise the event in an open space way, inviting an international team of those who feel passionate and want to share the responsibility for creating a beautiful event with us. if you want to join the team, please email me for details.

overjoyed and still amazed,

sylwia myszka & karolina iwa
progressive partners

karolina iwa