[OSList] Dalai Lama & Open Space (subject change)

Tricia Chirumbole via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Fri Oct 24 10:33:47 PDT 2014

Thanks again all for the supportive energies! This is inspiring to me :)

Next week I will be connecting with an open spacer who has contacted me
saying that they have some ideas about engaging with the Dalai Lama around
OS - I will refresh thoughts after this!

In the meantime, I had a few clarifying thoughts about an approach:

   - Create an actual "invitation", ideally with a strong visual (good idea
   Dan), that can be hand delivered.
   - Invite participation in one specific event that the Dalai Lama and his
   office can consider for inclusion in their 2015 schedule of public
   engagements
   - This is opposed to suggesting that OS could be combined with an
      existing engagement that would require 3rd party approval/involvement or
      that it could be applied to a broad range of engagements, yet to
be defined.
   - Consider having the invitation come from a group of Open Spacers, such
   as: The "OS world" community, one or more OS Institutes.
   - Perhaps gather signatures if we want to invite as an informal global
      community of practice?
      -  Partner an invitation to the Dalai Lama to speak and to
   participate in an OS with an existing event being planned for 2015.
   - Ideally an event closely aligned with one of his Three Commitments
      <http://www.dalailama.com/biography/three-main-committments>
   - If there is no existing event organizer interested in partnering,
   consider proposing a stand alone event (yes, I would stand up as a primary
   organizer) designed around an important event or day of the year
      - International Day of Peace (Sept 21), MLK Jr Day (Jan 19), etc.
      - One ambitious idea from my partner, Joe: OS practitioners in
      different towns hold individual open spaces in parallel on international
      day of peace - Dalai Lama and his community invited to attend
any that are
      geographically feasible; utilize an online component to share an
opening by
      the Dalai Lama, as well as shared proceedings and maybe video
connect for a
      portion of the day.

So....any suggestions for a partner event? takers or thoughts on suggesting
a stand alone event?

:)

Tricia Chirumbole
US: +1-571-232-0942