[OSList] Clearing the shelves / Sharing the Resources

christine koehler chris.alice.koehler at gmail.com
Tue May 27 10:17:57 PDT 2014

It is half backed, but those questions comes from my personal experience :

how comes this collective format, although not meant for that, is able to
lead to profound individual and personal insights ?
Why and how does it affect individual leadership ?
What kind of leadership emerge from OST ?
How does OST helps people cope and go through painful insights gained
during OS events ?

Christine

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 6:29 PM, <chris.corrigan at gmail.com> wrote:

> The nwicked question I would add is the one I have walked with during my
> nearly 20 years of Open Space practice:
>
> Where is the magic coming from?  What happens to us inside this container?
>  Where do we need more of this?
>
> These questions will never be answered, even with a lifetime of practice,
> but they will inspire, provoke and remind any future researcher for the
> rest of time that whatever happens, the world can never say it did not
> glimpse the brilliance of humans in the creative field of Open Space.
>
> In true trickster fashion, beffiting the Man With The Hat, may these
> questions stand as a curiosity, a blessing and a curse!
>
> Chris
>

> On May 9, 2014, at 11:53 AM, Jeff Aitken <r.jeff.aitken at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Harrison and Charles,
>
> This is fantastic! What a gift to bestow upon the new generations. I
> love the line "they will become entranced with the multiple unanswered
> questions triggered by the Open Space experience." Happens to all of
> us!
>
> My largely intuitive and somewhat questionable PhD dissertation at
> CIIS was a look at the worldview shifts that may occur in an
> individual during multiple experiences of Open Space. Guided by the
> beauty teachings of our dear departed Angeles Arrien, and other
> indigenous teachers.
>
> So I offer the suggestion to research Open Space as an INDIVIDUAL
> phenomenon as well as the organization or group phenomenon which seems
> the more usual approach.
>
> A similar line of research was invoked at a recent event with the
> student leadership team at Santa Rosa City College called "Leadership
> Is Everywhere." What if Open Space may be considered a "leadership
> lab" (or a "leaderfull greenhouse" if we exchange the lab coats for
> coveralls.) Each participant can reflect on their actions during a day
> or two of Open Space as multiple and diverse contributions to the
> health of the system in which they participate - which is one
> definition of leadership. The kind of leadership invoked in Open Space
> is powerfully appropriate for the complexities of our age. And we can
> learn to expand our repertoire of leadership acts over several
> experiences of the greenhouse.
>
> Very excited to learn what comes of this act of generosity, Harrison
> and Charles.
>
> with blessings!
>
> Jeff Aitken PhD
> San Francisco
>

> On 5/9/14, Harrison Owen <hhowen at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> There comes some point in every lifetime when it is time to clear the
> shelves. This is true for me, and in this case my shelves are heavily
> loaded
> with mementos from 30 Years in Open Space. Lots of videos, ancient
> Proceedings, papers of various sorts. I thought to move everything to the
> recycle bin, but then had a second thought that perhaps there was some
> [...]

[image: Christine Koehler, créatrice d'espace de Dialogue et de Coopération]
 Executive Coach, Médiateur
 www.christine-koehler.fr
 Tel :  06 13 28 71 38
  Fax :    09  72  32 36  65