[OSList] Open Space and Authority

Jamie Colston jamiecolston at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 29 14:57:10 PDT 2014

I think this is a great question Daniel. I don't think you mentioned it but
the key aspect of this in the limited experience (compared to many on this
list) that I have is that the question of authorisation is even more
important when it comes to post event action. In all of the open spaces I
have facilitated there is always a lot of action afterwards and if you do
not have permission to act within the system then there is a real inability
for people to continue to self organise.

For me it is in the calling question/title of the event. Does the person or
people calling the event (if at a higher level of authority within a
system) have the ability to facilitate the follow through. If not then the
end results will be limited by that but still more useful than not doing an
open space.

Hope that helps and I look forward to hearing other responses on this.

Jamie

--
*Jamie Colston*

*Facilitating people of all ages to explore, play, listen and discover
their movement towards self directed, purpose led and action orientated
lives in service to self, family, community and planet.*
*W: www.jamiecolston.com <http://www.jamiecolston.com>*

*M: *07909 442006 *E: *jamiecolston at gmail.com
<jamiecolston at gmail.com>

 *FB/Linked In:* Jamie Colston

This year i am supporting and helping others discover the work of Kids
Company www.kidsco.org.uk. This amazing organisation provide practical,
emotional and educational support to vunerable inner city children working
with over 36,000 young people currently in Bristol and London. Find out
more by visiting their website and you can text donate £5 immediately if
you are feeling generous by texting KIDS HELP to 70700. A £5 SMS amount
will be billed to your account. For more information call 0845 644 6838

* <http://www.greenvisionmovement.org>*

 <http://www.bathamptoncsa.wordpress.com/>