[OSList] : Open Agile Adoption course April 23-24 DC

Daniel Mezick dan at newtechusa.net
Thu Mar 27 04:53:17 PDT 2014

I'm offering a 2-day course in the Open Agile Adoption method, April
23-24. Many of you are already attending, and I think it is probably a
good idea for me to mention the class here, more broadly, for those who
are unaware of it.

You can see it here: Agile Success with Open Agile Adoption
http://newtechusa.net/services/agile-success-with-open-agile-adoption/

The quick summary of the whole idea is here:
http://newtechusa.net/agile/open-agile-adoption-explained/

There is a very interesting guest speaker planned for both days of this
learning event. (hint hint)

The basic premise of Open Agile Adoption (OAA) is that mandates are
fundamentally coercive, and lead to fear, which is death to
organizational learning and the capacity to adapt.

OAA swaps that nasty mandate of Agile practices with an invitation to
experiment with them, in service to higher levels of engagement and far
better results.

OAA uses Open Space, leadership storytelling, game mechanics and
experience design to help encourage a rapid and lasting Agile adoption,
the kind that leads to high performance. It focuses on people before
practices, and creates space for experimentation. It uses patterns from
cultural anthropology to reduce fear while increasing feelings of
control, belonging and purpose. It works.

To date, Open Space has been used mostly in public Agile conferences.
Little if any focus in the Agile community has been placed on the
amazing power of Open Space to help organizations transform. This is
what Open Agile Adoption is all about.

If you are an Agile coach or Open Space facilitator looking to get
better Agile adoption results, I hope you might consider attending the
course we have arranged for you, in April, in DC.

This is an important course.

You can learn more and register here:
http://newtechusa.net/services/agile-success-with-open-agile-adoption/

Kind Regards,