[OSList] True Blue...

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Mon Jun 30 13:41:02 PDT 2014

Dan Mezick and four of his friends paid me the honor of a visit here In
Camden. We spoke of many things, profound and trivial - enjoyed an
occasional libation or two. But always wishing to insure my guests the "full
experience" - I offered to take them out on my boat, The Ethelyn Rose. She
is not the Queen Mary, but definitely large enough to venture to the outer
islands, well off shore. Not quite the end of the earth, but you can sort of
see it from there. We stopped at a small group of islands by the name of
White. Luncheon was enjoyed, conversations ensued, and as the time came to
leave (mid afternoon) it had in fact grown a little warm (for Maine - that
would be in the middle 70's). I am not sure whether it was the warmth of the
conversations or the accompanying libations, but Dan and one of his friends
looked longingly at the water all about us, and indicated they wished to go
for a dip. I smiled and told them that to the best of my knowledge there
were two groups of people who would swim in that water: Drunks and Small
Children. Undeterred they plunged in, accompanied by most satisfying screams
(as far as I was concerned) and some degree of horror on the part of the
other guests. Dan's friend had asked me if people suffered from Cardiac
Arrest when jumping in. My response - Not too many, but it is a good way to
keep the number of tourists down.  Anyhow, the "swim" lasted about 60
seconds before they threw themselves back on the boat. Sort of quivered on
the deck like beached seals. True Blue - From top to bottom.

And what does this have to do with Open Space? Maybe nothing. Maybe
everything.

Harrison

Ps - Water Temperature this time of year is high 40's (Fahrenheit)

Winter Address

7808 River Falls Drive

Potomac, MD 20854

301-365-2093

Summer Address

189 Beaucaire Ave.

Camden, ME 04843

207-763-3261

Websites

www.openspaceworld.com

www.ho-image.com

OSLIST To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
OSLIST Go to: