[OSList] OS hotline harvest and reminder for Today! 12pm Eastern

Tricia Chirumbole tricia at mojocollaborative.com
Tue Jun 10 08:01:37 PDT 2014

Hi all!

Following is a harvest of some of the highlights from our OS hotline last
week. They are just snapshots of thoughts and topics and may not make total
sense!

Join us *Today, Tuesday June 10th at 12pm EDT! *sign up:
http://bit.ly/1cm8iJN

Participants: Skye, Tricia, Paul

·         Flash mob open space

·         Native American – chronos time – party – people come – one person
brings chairs, etc, starts to happen, OS principles…begins when it begins ,
ends when it ends.

·         Always looking at how a living organism manifests a solution –
always unique, but looking at the universals

o   Incremental process, such as recommended by lean and scrum; Has to be
done within the context of the whole.

o   Classic story about rich guy who travels to see the wise lama, lama who
doesn’t appear very often, years.

§  Dude tells lama problem, then asks him if he thinks he is being a fool
after 24 hours of talking.

§  Lama says yes, then leaves, not seen again for another 24 years.

§  Tiniest atom in the universe , expressions of each other

·         What is the self that is organizing?

o   The whole universe converging on the community at that moment

o   Autognomics – to self know – one of the most fundamental primitives of
an organism

o   Big organization, universe is organizing

o   American world brought to us polarity – science brought us a binary,
the space in between the 1 and 0, the quality of quality,

§  Everytime we try to avoid absolute we end up with absolutes, whenever we
try to describe relatives, we use absolutes.

§  Straight line is the longest distance between two pts as well as the
shortest.

§  Through the experience of contrasts that I know the world, more aware
that you are learning more other, new people, new experiences, new inner
awarenesses – of paradox, you meet something that doesn’t fit in, try to
find a way to resolve it, or live with it.

·         Open schedules have benefit: Our modern lives are so transaction
oriented, to dos and to dones – convos happen when schedule is open.

·         Focusing outward and the business.

·         Improve ties into open space – Meisner – acting theory – not how
do I say this line, totally responsive mode, born from the speech of the
other person – how they inspire you

o   Same way for facilitators – not responsive, responsive to ourselves, to
our own shitty dialogue

o   Stanislasky – first person to do an acting training – saw an actress,
one night brilliant, one night terrible – can we be more stable –
responsive moment in a two hour play for fifteen minutes – you’d be
brilliant. Hard to stay that present. w/out a lot of training, zen –
methodologies to keeping us present – talking about the challenges of that
monkey mind that wants to control – we are scared, or conditioned

Tricia Chirumbole

Facilitator. Consultant. Champion.

Participant-Driven Engagements/Co-Creative Cultures
Mojo Collaborative
www.mojocollaborative.com

571-232-0942
skype: tricia.chirumbole