[OSList] Harvest from last week's OS hotline - and reminder for today @12pm EDT!

Tricia Chirumbole tricia at mojocollaborative.com
Tue Jun 3 07:07:02 PDT 2014

Hi all!

Following is a harvest of some of the highlights from our OS hotline last
week. They are just snapshots of thoughts and topics. My apologies in
advance to the participants if I have bastardized or incorrectly conveyed
their words!

We often think of sharing and I was encouraged to do so, by post-call skype
chat with a "virgin" participant, Kari in Iceland - thanks Kari!

Join us *Today at 12pm EDT! *sign up: http://bit.ly/1cm8iJN

*OS hotline Note - May 27, 2014*

Participants: Lucas Cioffi, Skye Hirst, Paul Levy, Kari Gunnarsson, Tricia
Chirumbole

·         Generation Z – thought to be open to emergence, yet also
comfortable with structure and hierarchy: http://millennialchild.com/

o   This is one name used for the cohort of people born after the
Millennial Generation. There is no agreement on the exact dates of the
generation with some sources starting it at the mid or late 1990s or from
the mid 2000s [2] to the present day.

·         Can Open Space happen without a facilitator?  What is the
difference between:

o   'an open space' vs. 'a potluck grill'

§  'Birds of a feather' process – presented at a workshop with Lisa Heft

o   'a facilitated open space' vs. 'an active open space'...

o   OR... Can I sponsor a themed Open space container where there is no
formal facilitation?

§  Kari: My grandmother never ate dinner with us as she was in the catering
role...

·         Hollow Earth Theory: Umberto Eco (writer, philosopher), *Foucault's
Pendulum *(novel)

o   The role/impact of the circle – no longer looking outward for guidance
or information – the entire circle is staring inward at the same central
point – looking into themselves, looking into the group.

§  Then break out as the internal focus is no longer enough/ready to take
it to the “outside world” and go into breakout groups/butterfly.

§  Skye recalls an ending circle OS ritual done by Harrison – turning
around together, to face outward from the circle, “go forward…..”

:)

Tricia Chirumbole

Facilitator. Consultant. Champion.

Participant-Driven Engagements/Co-Creative Cultures
Mojo Collaborative
www.mojocollaborative.com

571-232-0942
skype: tricia.chirumbole