[OSList] About time and napping

Annamarie Pluhar annamarie at pluharconsulting.com
Wed Jul 9 04:19:06 PDT 2014

Michael,

Here's what my grandmother taught me. It never fails.

Lie flat on your back and on your stomach. Comfortable. DON'T MOVE.  You
might or might not go to sleep. If you do, you will wake up in 20
minutes without an alarm. If you don't, the 20 minutes will be fully
restful.

My brother taught me that the body has different sleep rhythms - the 20
minute cycle is the first one. Then there's 1.5 hours (?) and then 3
hours (?). If you wake up in the middle of one of those cycles you'll be
groggy and have a hard time recovering.

Good luck, enjoy.  And if you adopt the method you can think of it as
"Baba's Power Nap".. : )

Peace,
Annamarie