[OSList] True Blue...

Daniel Mezick dan at newtechusa.net
Tue Jul 1 15:54:33 PDT 2014

Wow that water is cold Harrison. It is something blue and something
cold. Hmmm, ICE is blue...

The shock of my cold-water plunge is actually one in a chain of
astonishing experiences last weekend. The epic beauty of the Penobscot
Bay. I just dont know what to
say....https://www.google.com/search?q=penobscot+bay

Astonishing is the water, the bay, the weather, and the generally
constant feeling of a light trance on that boat.
An amazing day. I'm so grateful for it.

Not surprising is...the depth of those conversations about the
interesting ideas: teh dance, the colors, the smells.....the grief.

I'm sad it's over. Doctor Seuss has something to say about that: "Dont
be sad it's over, be glad it happened."

(...more of the good Doctor here...)
https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/61105.Dr_Seuss

Harold Shinsato, one of the participants in our pilgrimage, does not
come with us to the islands. He departs for his plane before we ship
out. It's tough watching him go. I'm sure it was tough to leave.

Harold was with us all week, and we had a busy week:

  * He flew to Boston on Monday,
  * He facilitated an 1-day Open Agile Adoption OST ("OST-2") scheduled
    for one of my Boston clients, on Tuesday,
  * He was an invited speaker to the agileCULTUREcon 2014 event on
    Wednesday & Thursday,
  * He did some nice driving up I-95 to Maine on Saturday (and we had
    some great conversations!),
  * He departed Camden for Missoula on Sunday, leaving the rest of us
    all aboard the Ethelyn Rose.

Harold was great facilitating for my client, INTUIT in Boston.

We had a nice dinner Saturday night and Harold was there. There is a
good story about our dinner:

...the dinner kind of ended as they do, and we all kind of get up
together. The eating place's seating is a big old screened porch.
Getting up, I notice a screen door we never walked though.
The door seemed to open outside, where we here headed.
  I gave it a poke and it opened. Looking both ways, with Harrison
following, I asked: "Are we authorized to do this?"

Here's Harrison's not-so-surpising response (with a nice pic of Harrison
and Harold...)
https://twitter.com/DanielMezick/status/483054326265692161

On 6/30/14 4:41 PM, Harrison Owen wrote:

> Dan Mezick and four of his friends paid me the honor of a visit here
> In Camden. We spoke of many things, profound and trivial -- enjoyed an
> occasional libation or two. But always wishing to insure my guests the
> "full experience" -- I offered to take them out on my boat, The
> Ethelyn Rose. She is not the Queen Mary, but definitely large enough
> to venture to the outer islands, well off shore. Not quite the end of
> the earth, but you can sort of see it from there. We stopped at a
> small group of islands by the name of White. Luncheon was enjoyed,
> conversations ensued, and as the time came to leave (mid afternoon) it
> had in fact grown a little warm (for Maine -- that would be in the
> middle 70's). I am not sure whether it was the warmth of the
> conversations or the accompanying libations, but Dan and one of his
> friends looked longingly at the water all about us, and indicated they
> wished to go for a dip. I smiled and told them that to the best of my
> knowledge there were two groups of people who would swim in that
> water: Drunks and Small Children. Undeterred they plunged in,
> accompanied by most satisfying screams (as far as I was concerned) and
> some degree of horror on the part of the other guests. Dan's friend
> had asked me if people suffered from Cardiac Arrest when jumping in.
> My response -- Not too many, but it is a good way to keep the number
> of tourists down.  Anyhow, the "swim" lasted about 60 seconds before
> they threw themselves back on the boat. Sort of quivered on the deck
> like beached seals. True Blue -- From top to bottom.
>
> And what does this have to do with Open Space? Maybe nothing. Maybe
> everything.
>
> Harrison
>
> Ps -- Water Temperature this time of year is high 40's (Fahrenheit)
>
> Winter Address
>
> 7808 River Falls Drive
>
> Potomac, MD 20854
>
> 301-365-2093
>
> Summer Address
>
> 189 Beaucaire Ave.
>
> Camden, ME 04843
>
> 207-763-3261
>
> Websites
>
> www.openspaceworld.com <%20www.openspaceworld.com>
>
> www.ho-image.com
>
> OSLIST To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the
> archives of OSLIST Go
> to:http://lists.openspacetech.org/listinfo.cgi/oslist-openspacetech.org

Daniel Mezick, President

New Technology Solutions Inc.