[OSList] Ignited for 2014...

chunili2000 at yahoo.com chunili2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 2 07:45:52 PST 2014

Hulu and Qinghua,

I will be there and I will interpret.

Chuni

________________________________
 From: Suzanne Daigle <sdaigle4 at gmail.com>
To: World wide Open Space Technology email list <oslist at lists.openspacetech.org>
Cc: Qinghua Song <qinghua.ssca at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 2, 2014 5:54 AM
Subject: Re: [OSList] Ignited for 2014...

Dear Hulu and Qinghua,

Am I understanding correctly that Ms. Song is thinking of coming to New York to share the wonderful stories of Open Space in China. Perhaps I have misunderstood as I know this is a very big trip? If so, I apologize.
If I did understand correctly, and your question was about having an interpreter for Ms. Song in New York at International House from January 18-20, I would be asking my dear friend Chuni Li for her suggestions. Chuni lives in New Jersey, born in Taiwan, speaks Chinese and knows many Chinese people.
What a delight to even dream and imagine such a visit again to America. Having Ms. Song  in Florida was such a gift. My only regret was that I was the facilitator and that I was not able to be a simple participant enjoying all those conversations that Gail speaks of. I had to live them later through the many hours of video that I watched and the detailed reports in the book of proceedings. I was so moved by the information shared about China, Haiti and other places. The passion that I felt and the exchanges and connections that happened ran deep as typically happens when we are in Open Space for three days.

I am taking this opportunity to provide the links again for the WOSonOS 2013 Book of Proceedings plus to the Flipsnack Memory Book which contains many live links of interviews including the invitation to go to China for WOSonOS 2015 (page 38). It was sheer delight watching Ms. Song and Hulu extend their personal invitation, many smiles and laughter in their video.
Gail how wonderful that you will be sharing your wisdom about Open Space
in Shanghai at. a 3-day workshop.  It will be such a gift just as it was a gift for me to attend my first WOSonOS in Taiwan which you facilitated. I still carry the spirit and magic of this gathering inside of me.

The beginning of a New Year typically invites us to plan for the future. I see is also as a time to remember with so much gratitude the special moments of the past, reliving those precious times in our heart and mind. That's what happened today as I read Hulu and Gail's email.
Thank you,
Suzanne

On Jan 2, 2014 2:10 AM, "Hulu Chen" <ch.hulu at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>

> Days II – III: The design for each of the following two days is identical.  In the morning, Harrison Owen, the originator of OST, will offer reflections on “Creating the conditions for Peace and High Performance” and on the final day “Opening Space in our Lives, our Organizations and our World”. The balance of each day will be in dialogue with others in open space. We will all be teachers. We will all be learners. At the conclusion you will have a compendium of materials (online) to remind you of your experience and to support you in your new ventures.
>
> If you are specifically interested in the facilitation of OST, the first day of the program is essential, as well as reading Harrison Owen’s Open Space Technology: A User’s Guide and viewing a video of a telephone company, OST at US West, (16 minutes): http://vimeo.com/25251316. Other recommendations are Harrison Owen’s TedX talk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APD7oQ3xrSA and his books The Practice of Peace and The Wave Rider: Leadership for High Performance.
>

> TUITION
>
> Corporate              Nonprofit/Individual
>
> January 18-20 (3 days)                        $750                       $500
> January 19-20 (2 days)                          500                         335
> January 20 (1 day)                                 250                         165
>
> Fees include lunches, coffee breaks and materials.
>
> Note: Our desire is to include all who wish to participate. If your budget does not fit the stated fees, please contact Karen at 1-212-595-9107 or kdavis at concentric.net.
>

> YOUR HOSTS
>
> Harrison Owen:  Harrison is President of H.H.Owen and Co. His academic background and training centered on the nature and function of myth, ritual and culture. In the middle '60s, he left academe to work with a variety of organizations including small West African villages, urban (American and African) community organizations, Peace Corps, Regional Medical Programs, National Institutes of Health, and Veterans Administration. Along the way he discovered that his study of myth, ritual and culture had direct application to these social systems. In 1979 he created H.H.Owen and Company in order to explore the culture of organizations in transformation as a theorist and practicing consultant. Harrison convened the First International Symposium on Organization Transformation, and is the originator of Open Space Technology. He is the author of Spirit: Transformation and Development in Organizations, Leadership Is, Riding the Tiger, Open Space Technology: A
 User’s Guide, The Millennium Organization, Tales From Open Space, Expanding Our Now: The Story of Open Space Technology, The Spirit of Leadership: Liberating the Leader in Each of Us, The Power of Spirit: How Organizations Transform, The Practice of Peace and Wave Rider: Leadership for High Performance in a Self-Organizing World.

> Karen J. Davis:  Karen, a consultant with organizations globally, is committed to enhancing the health, effectiveness, and joy of human systems. She is dedicated to building global community through working and learning with colleagues throughout the world. For a decade Karen was faculty at Universidad Diego Portales in Santiago de Chile. She is part of the leadership of the International Organization Development Association and has served on the board of the Organization Development Network. Karen serves on the boards of Open Space Institute of USA, a large healthcare organization, as well as on boards of community and cultural organizations. Karen is a co-author in The Sustainable Enterprise Fieldbook. She has been involved with Open Space since before its naming. When not traveling or working around the world, she lives in New York City, returning regularly to her native Arizona. Summers, she is on her farm in rural Quebec, Canada. Karen describes
 herself as a gardener and a world citizen.