[OSList] Organising a Buddhist Way

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 05:58:06 PST 2014

Smiling back at you, Bhav!
After reading page 15 I felt that open space the way I practice and
understand it goes way beyond "light structure". In addition, I keep
trying to stay in the practice of "doing one less thing" after each os
event I am involved in. Furthermore, I feel that 99% of structure in os
events is selforganized by the assembled system.

Thinking back 18 years, thats 1996 when I began to work with os, I
remember how I quickly abolished my original habit of having small
posters in the break-out sessions with notes on the various roles that
could/should be filled for the group work... and how I gradually got rid
of all references on how to interact (in page 15 a number of guidelines
are mentioned that seem to come out of the "in the know" stance).

Perhaps I am missing something here when I keep thinking that OST needs
neither "light structuring" nor is a "container". I do pay attention to
the space in reference to fresh air, daylight, luscious food,
professional PAS, etc but not to the style of communication... in fact,
I can easily imagine and have experience the value of interruption,
persuasion, disrespectful language, questions of all kinds, etc. In my
experience, the system/participants appear to quickly establish the kind
of communication they need to work on their issues. No training required.

I am very curious what the things are that you and the others listening
in have cancelled/dropped/removed from your repertoire... or added... in
facilitating os events.

Have a great weekend
mmp