[OSList] Open Space in dictatorship

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Mon Feb 10 12:07:41 PST 2014

Ulrika -- There is, of course no guarantee, ever or anywhere, that bad
things won't happen after being in an Open Space. Of course, the same sorts
of things can and do happen even when you have never heard of Open Space.
But after 28 years in Open Space I have never seen such retribution. I've
heard of a lot of people worry about it, but so far as I know, it is a worry
that hasn't happened. Does that mean it won't? Obviously not, but as one
participant said to me at the end of an Open Space in a particularly nasty
environment, "I don't know what will happen to me, but this (the OS) was
worth it."

The examples of OS in restricted waters (that would be dictatorships of all
sorts, political, corporate, NGO's) are numerous, but I won't name any names
to protect the innocent but... Always seems to work. And actually, I have
found repressive conditions equal to most legitimate dictatorships right
there in Corporate America (or Europe, Asia, Africa). Ordinarily they don't
shoot people, but considering what is done, being shot might be a blessing.
And regardless, the space is opened with the usual results. No worries.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Dr.
Potomac, MD 20854
USA

189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)
Camden, Maine 04843

Phone 301-365-2093
(summer)  207-763-3261

www.openspaceworld.com
www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)
To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of OSLIST
Go to:http://lists.openspacetech.org/listinfo.cgi/oslist-openspacetech.org