[OSList] Leadership vs management

Daniel Mezick dan at newtechusa.net
Mon Feb 3 15:01:15 PST 2014

This is awesome! I have questions:

0/ I looked on AMAZON for the English version. Did not find it. Do you
have guidance on how to buy a copy on AMAZON en anglais? I want to buy
the English version on AMAZON or get an English PDF download.

1/ Did the OST events held periodically occur on regular scheduled
intervals, or were they ad-hoc as needed, or some combination of these
approaches?

I'm a fan of a regular recurring OST event as a predictable, reliable,
trust-building, recurring holiday on the cultural calendar of the tribe.
This is how Open Agile Adoption (www.OpenAgileAdoption.com) sidesteps
the problem of the champion leaving the company. Often in Agile
adoptions, this vacating by the champion is a recipe for failure. They
exit, poof! it's over.

The cultural holiday on the calendar decouples the open culture/OST from
an one leader and makes it part of the culture instead of part of any 1
person's visions and plans.