[OSList] A Modern TROJAN HORSE...

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 12:36:45 PST 2014

Hi all,

I have a HUGE favor to ask.

Those who know me know that I am a one trick pony when it comes to Open
Space. More than anything, I want to transform and revolutionize the *World
of Work* and I think there is no better way to do that than with "the
stealth good old OST -- a modern Trojan Horse" as Harrison describes it. I
sleep it, dream it and breathe it!

Without a shadow of a doubt, I know that armies and tribes are assembling
to ignite purpose, joy, high performance and meaning to work. I know many
of all ages lurking in all kinds of places and professions at every level
of the hierarchy. Many were in New York and at the World Open Space before
that. Lots more out there and many in the virtual world too.  It's exciting
as hell!

Sometimes we have to give the future a nudge by helping other folks who are
totally on the same page as us with the same ignited passion around
business and work.  One such person is Ted Coiné, who co-founded Switch and
Shift, a social media mega force when it comes to igniting the Human Side
of Business. I only met Ted late last year.  (300,000 followers on
Twitter). He was instantly drawn to Open Space. Many parallels between
Switch and Shift and Open Space -- starting with passion and responsibility
around something that is highly urgent and complex -- which is rallying
diverse people to use talents, innovation, creativity and skills to create
the workplaces of the future.

Ok here's my ASK!   *Please vote for Ted for the Shorty AWARD as the Top
Business Influencer!*  He has been nominated as the representative of
Switch and Shift. For the vote to count, you have to create a tweet.  It's
really easy. Just click
here<http://shortyawards.com/category/6th/bizauthor?utm_content=buffer10904&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer>and
follow the instructions. Very quick and easy to do.

If you want to hear about this award, watch these two short clips:

   - From some previous Shorty Award winners  -- cool and fun 3 minute
video<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZURF4EIds_0&feature=youtube_gdata_player>
   - Short video appeal by Ted
himself<https://www.facebook.com/tedcoine?fref=ts>
   that appeared on Facebook less than 1.5 minutes

If you don't trust me on this and want to check Ted and the gang yourself,
go to the Switch and Shift website <http://switchandshift.com/> and see the
amazing folks who are actively engaged in igniting and inspiring the
workplace - authors, leaders, employees, keynote speakers, social media
folks, etc.  From blogs to video interviews to podcasts, you will recognize
that Ted and their team operate at the "nexus of caring" as we all do,
giving much with no expectation in return except to share our stories. We
learned from the best on this with Harrison and these two guys have that
and more in common.

Thanks one and all for your kind consideration on this! Of course you're
also invited to share this widely with others.  Viral is good in this case!

Suzanne

--
Suzanne Daigle
Open Space Facilitator