[OSList] Footprints in the Wind^sm # 1393

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 14:50:25 PST 2014

Dear friends,

Coming out of a three-day Open Space in New York City two weeks ago to the
day, I cannot help but observe the depth of the connections, the high
energy, and the strong spirit of bonding and community that resulted from
our time together. New and old colleagues now friends for life, of that I
have no doubt. Not at all unusual in Open Space!

Whether on Facebook, on the OS list, in private emails, Skype chats or via
other means, the theme and all the conversations continue to reverberate
feeding passion and many projects *because *we spent a sizable chunk of
time together.

So as I read Douglas Germann's most recent poem (see below) from a rich
archive of amazing Footprints in the Wind, I felt it was written to make
the case for a powerful invitation...to ask for more "time and space"
rather than settling for a few hours or half a day.

Certainly the opportunities and challenges and the passion and
responsibility we feel warrant this time and space

I see this poem as our  Clarion Call...a call that could lead to
breakthrough thinking and doing, where we might realize that 99% of what we
are doing now, is for naught and then maybe if we realize that, we could
get to work on the really important stuff.

Thank you Douglas and if any of you are not familiar with Footprints in the
Wind, I urge you to register and be inspired as I am and have been so often
by Doug's thought provoking poetry.

With deep appreciation,
Suzanne