[OSList] First open space, advices needed :)

John Baxter via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Mon Dec 22 22:26:24 PST 2014

If you can help the group to become clear about what the most important
focus/challenge/question is for them *now*, then they will be able to let
go of all those preconceived discussion topics in order to address their
priority.
If the purpose is fuzzy then all people have to go on is their baggage and
prepared ideas.  This makes it hard for people to embrace the space, and
they are likely to walk away disappointed (though they may still get a lot
done).

Overall, it will be useful to help people find what they really want to *do*,
vs what they think they should *talk about*.  I don't really know how to
describe this better, nor how you should do it.  But it might help.

Cheers

*John Baxter*
*Cocreation Consultant & ​Co​Create Adelaide Facilitator*
jsbaxter.com.au <http://www.jsbaxter.com.au/> | CoCreateADL.com
0405 447 829
​ | ​
@jsbaxter_ <http://twitter.com/jsbaxter_>

*Thank you to everyone who came, helped or spread the good word about City
Grill!*
*Summary and links: cocreateadl.com/localgov/grill-summary/
<http://cocreateadl.com/localgov/grill-summary/>*

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Gail West via OSList <