[OSList] Are You a frequent Lurker on OSLIST?

Daniel Mezick via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Wed Dec 10 15:25:11 PST 2014

Some of us were on a call on Tuesday, talking about Open Space....and
OSLIST....

...the participants at the time were....

Chuni Li
Daniel Mezick
Karen Davis
Linda Stevenson
Lucas Cioffi
Paul Levy
Peggy Holman
Skye Hirst
Suzanne Daigle
Tricia Chirumbole
Harold Shinsato

We discussed OSLIST culture, and how the culture of OSLIST may not
actually be very easy to figure out...

...we talked about how this list has hundreds upon hundreds of members,
with just 25 to 45 people (give or take) who post or reply with anything
close to a regular frequency, and how some speak with highly
authoritative voices.

...we talked a bit about how the culture of OSLIST /might actually be
kind of intimidating for new people/ to participate in.

The Game

We have no idea how many "regular lurkers" are in the group...we talked
about trying to find out.

So: if you are a "regular lurker", someone who examines these OSLIST
threads periodically but does not actively participate ...  are you
willing to play a little game?

The Lurker Game: you are invited to play...

1. *...The goal* is to collectively get some idea of how many of us on
the list are "regular lurkers".

2. *...The rules* are:

  * If you consider yourself a "regular lurker", consider opting in to
    the game, by replying...
  * If you reply, absolutely nothing further will be asked of you. All
    you are doing is identifying yourself as someone who lurks. That's it.

3. ...We'll all track *the progress* by watching the thread, and seeing
how many reply over time.

4. ...Participation is *opt-in*.

To participate, just hit [Reply List] and enter "hey" and press [Enter]
...or...

... (optionally) just say whatever you might want to say, instead

We have no idea what might happen next; let's see what develops.

Thanks!
Daniel

--

Daniel Mezick, President