[OSList] New York Gathering

Suzanne Daigle via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Dec 4 18:14:03 PST 2014

Dear Friends,
I registered for New York and I can't wait!  And I also reserved a
non-luxurious (twin beds, sofa bed, cot), but comfortable suite at the
International House close to Columbia University where this will take
place. If anyone wants to cost share lodging, there's enough space for 5
for three nights from the 15th of January on (ladies only please[?]). Send
me an email if interested.

Harrison is right.There is much that is special about this place and this
annual gathering - a time to sink into Open Space for people who are new to
it and for old hands too.
Last year was beyond amazing.  A flooded room led us to an an adjacent
location nearby that was spectacular. Flags from every country adorned the
balcony overlooking the circle of chairs below. A twist of fate as we had
colleagues join from China, from France, Serbia, Sweden, Canada, US, etc.
It felt like a mini World Open Space.

This year I'm hoping that the motto of "Be Prepared to be Surprised" will
invite magic again.  The Theme has been expanded from years past:
*Opening Space for Peace and High Performance** at Work and in Life:
Navigating Chaos, Confusion and Conflict. **It provides the breadth and
scope for people who are passionate about **T**he Future of Work** which
also happens to be the title of a major research project that Linda
Stevenson and I have had an opportunity to participate in.  Bill Jensen is
the creative spark behind this amazing multi-year global study which
included a team of futurist researchers. *

*We invite you to check out this link to get the report (just released
yesterday)  **http://www.simplerwork.com/futureofwork/
<http://www.simplerwork.com/futureofwork/>  and to dig into it,* *if you
share our hopes and dreams for transformation in the workplace. 7000+
surveys, close to 400 interviews with
leaders/managers/entrepreneurs/students and others (many on YouTube).
Everything, and most especially the three key findings, point to the power
of self-organization, self-management and shared leadership. It is made to
measure for new conversations in Open Space at work and beyond!  *

A perfect opportunity to invite clients, folks in the workplace, our
colleagues and friends in the technology world, peacemakers, wave riders
and others. Many of us on the Open Space US Institute will be attending
again this year, lending a hand wherever we can. New York in January -- a
great place to be!

Please come. Details and registration here:
http://osius.org/content/opening-space-peace-and-high-performance-2015

Suzanne

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Harrison Owen via OSList <

> Karen Davis and I will be hosting our annual gathering in New York for
> anybody who cares about Open Space and wants to join friends and colleagues
> for a deeper exploration. The dates are January 16-18, and the place is the
> exquisite residence and conference center known as The International House.
> Located on the upper West side, the venue is worth the trip all by itself.
> And of course Karen and I will look forward to the pleasure of your
> company. For all the details go to:
> http://osius.org/content/opening-space-peace-and-high-performance-2015
>

> Harrison
>

> Winter Address
>
> 7808 River Falls Drive
>
> Potomac, MD 20854
>
> 301-365-2093
>

> Summer Address
>
> 189 Beaucaire Ave.
>
> Camden, ME 04843
>
> 207-763-3261
>

> Websites
>
> www.openspaceworld.com <http://%20www.openspaceworld.com>
>
> www.ho-image.com
>
> OSLIST To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives
> of OSLIST Go to:

Suzanne Daigle
Open Space Facilitator
NuFocus Strategic Group