[OSList] Happy NOW Year!

Linda Stevenson via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sat Dec 20 18:50:41 PST 2014

Happy
Open Space NOW Year!

All signs are
predicting that 2015 will be a watershed year for Open Space Technology! The US
Open Space Institute would like to thank not only Harrison for creating this
“experiment” but also thank all of you here and all over the world who have
kept OST alive and well…….and NOW is the time to bust loose!

There are clear signs
that the future of work depends on freeing people to do their best while
allowing people to take responsibility – sounds like Open Space!  Click on either of  the following links to read The
Future of Work Report from the Jensen Group to see how Open Space would be the
perfect next step to embrace the full capacity and shared leadership sorely
missing in our organizations and communities: http://www.awakeninginquiry.com/uploads/The_Future_of_Work_Report_online.pdf  or download the report at Bill Jensen's website at:  http://www.simplerwork.com/futureofwork/

Also, thanks to Dan
Mezick for combining non-mandated OST into Agile adoptions and lighting up the
OSLIST with his questions and comments.

And we are extremely
grateful for Tricia Chirumbole for hosting a very hot OS Hotline every Tuesday
and for all who are contributing their amazing wisdom and experience.

Thanks to all of
us Open Space is becoming more visible and credible, and the OSI-US Board
needs your help riding this wave and serving our community.  We believe that the Open Space experience
offers the change in consciousness Bill Jensen and his interviewees call the future of work.  Check out some of the YouTube videos cited in
The Future of Work Report to see what’s already happening – yes, the future is
already here!  And we who know, love, and
trust Open Space in our bones have much to contribute by:

v     Letting us know what YOU see as the issues and opportunities
around connecting the dots between The Future of Work Report and Opening Space.

v     Joining us in New
  York, January 16, 17, and 18 for the annual Open
Space hosted by Karen Davis and Harrison Owen where we’ll be discussing many
issues and challenges around Open Space and The Future of Work such as how do
we answer questions from publishers who are asking us who are the “experts” in
Open Space?  Along with many wonderful
old and new faces, Bill Jensen will be participating along with someone from WL
Gore, someone from Morning Star, as well as a company using Agile across their
organization, and a number of folks who are operating in an Open Space way.  More information at:

      http://osius.org/content/opening-space-peace-and-high-performance-2015

v     Responding to this email to let us know what questions to
include on the survey monkey we’re working on for the OSI-US to better serve
all of us.

>From the OSI-US
Board:  Suzanne Daigle, Karen Davis, Tricia
Chirumbole, Chuni Li, Harold Shinsato, and Linda Stevenson,

Happy Holidays and the
Happiest NOW Year!