[OSList] First open space, advices needed :)

Anne-Béatrice Duparc via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Fri Dec 19 03:47:38 PST 2014

Hi everyone,
I am asked for my first Open Space! By a group of parents who are homeschooling their children and want to form as an association.
They already planned the meeting for the 10th of January. The duration for the planned event is 3h30 and there will be a shared meal before it. It really seems short to me for an Open Space.
There will be around 40 adults and 30 children. The children will be taken care of by some adults, but some of them may also take part to the event. It would be great :)
We had no preparation meeting so on as I was just contacted but they already sent me by email some of the subjects they would like to discuss. Even if I know that in OST subjects are not planned in advance, I share them with you as a way to determine if OST can be a good thing for this group of people  :
 -  Aims and objectives of the non-profit we could create.
-  What are the resources we want to give ourselves (time, energy, money) ?
-  What are our resources for the long term?
-  How to build a sustainable association or group that does not depend on one or two persons?
-  The creation and role a committee could have in the non profit
- Would we like to merge or collaborate with the Homeschool Association of Switzerland?    Pros, cons, how?
-  Next steps
-  Articles of the non-profit
- What is the aim of the non profit? Create activities? Support people in their choice? To be known?

I have also understood that the situation is tense, because some cantons in Switzerland are going towards forbiding Homeschooling.

As it would be my first Open Space, any advice is welcome. I am especially wondering if Open Space is a first good step in that case and what can be realistically achieved in 3h30 by a group of people that mostly don't know each other and would like to have some consensual concrete next steps at the end of the afternoon.
Any advice welcome, even if it is to say : please do something else :)
Thanks!

Béa Anne-Béatrice Duparc
(0)76/378.69.98
Comité de BIEN-Suisse Initiative fédérale pour un revenu de base
Génération RBI www.rbi-oui.ch
Association Solid'Art Solid'Art