[OSList] org'n works too good to use OST…?

Peggy Holman peggy at peggyholman.com
Mon Aug 25 08:57:04 PDT 2014

I love Chris’ perspective. It’s a time to build on success.

Another thought for you is based on your comment that the organization uses OST more and more in every day life. During the seven years of Spirited Work (a learning community of practice that met quarterly in Open Space), people consciously lived in Open Space more and more. When we got together, I noticed fewer issues would go up on the agenda wall. More people hung out as butterflies. My interpretation was that people had grown to know each other (even though about half the people were always there for the first time). The emphasis seemed to shift from topics to relationships, to just hanging out. It also seemed that to an extent, people knew who they wanted to talk with and simply had those conversations. If others wandered over and joined them, they were welcome. The atmosphere tended to be relaxed and fluid.

What went on the wall were topics where someone knew the subject but not who they wanted to talk with about it.

So circling back to Chris’ comment, it may be time for a question around "what’s calling us now.” To dream together is just the ticket.

appreciatively,
Peggy

_________________________________
Peggy Holman
Executive Director
Journalism that Matters
15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
425-746-6274
www.journalismthatmatters.net
www.peggyholman.com
Twitter: @peggyholman
JTM Twitter: @JTMStream

Enjoy the award winning Engaging Emergence: Turning Upheaval into Opportunity
Check out my series on what's emerging in the news & information ecosystem