[OSList] Art of Hosting Beyond the Basics

Chris Corrigan chris.corrigan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 11:06:26 PDT 2014

Hi friends:

For the past number of years I have been hosting some incredible spaces with my colleagues Tim Merry, Tuesday Ryan-Hart and Caitlin Frost.  We have run Open Space events for 600+ people at the Kellogg Food and Society Conference, worked with health care coalitions in US Rust Belt cities, designed training and learning events for folks working in anti-violence and restorative justice in the South Suburbs of Chicago.  Tim has been working with folks in the Finance Lab in the UK, looking at ways of transforming the British finance system and he has been pioneering new forms of community engagement for large public projects in Nova Scotia .  I’ve been working with indigenous communities, churches, environmental organizations and real estate developers (!), Tuesday has led a national homelessness initiative and is working with new ways of thinking about power and privilege.  Caitlin has been working with financial institutions and executives using inquiry based coaching…

We have learned a lot and we have a common inquiry around the Art of Hosting, an approach to participatory leadership that is well known in the Open Space community.

This year we have been offering a “Beyond the Basics” retreat; three days diving into using participatory leadership approaches beyond meetings into systemic change, social innovation and sustained capacity building in organizations seeking to deal well with complexity.  We have structured our inquiry around “breadth, depth, power and friendship” as four strategic pillars to support this change.

On September 21-24 we are hosting our next North American retreat on Bowen Island near Vancouver BC.  Short notice, but we still have some spaces left and would love for you to join us.  You can learn more about our offering at http://www.aohbtb.com where you will find videos of some of our teaching sessions.

And you can join us by registering here: http://www.aohbtb.com/british-columbia.html

Hope to see you there!

Chris