[OSList] Hospital story from Thomas Herman

Michael Wood michael.wood at uwa.edu.au
Mon Aug 25 18:40:50 PDT 2014

Hi Thomas (and anyone else)

I would be very interested to hear a bit more, Thomas Herman,  about what you are learning about using Open Space in a hospital context.

In particular, what the convening question/theme was for the original Open Space, how much time was given to it,  and how action teams emerging from the 'big' Open Space have functioned, and/or were formally 'resourced' or 'authorised' by the Hospital Administration after the OST meeting?

The 'story' I hear from my hospital contacts here is 'not enough time to open space'. Assuming that all hospitals around the world are probably overstretched, I'm curious what precipitated the decision to formally 'open space' last year and how the internal administration decided that they just had to give it the time they did?

Regards
Michael Wood