[OSList] Graphic recorders needed for an NCDD mapping project

Sandy Heierbacher sandy at ncdd.org
Tue Aug 12 14:32:31 PDT 2014

Hi, Open Space friends!

I am the executive director of the National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation, a network of more than 2,100 leaders and innovators in public engagement and conflict resolution work.

I’m sure the Open Space network includes some graphic recorders / visual practitioners.  NCDD is looking for graphic recorders to work with us on an exciting mapping process leading up to our national conference in the DC area this October.

The project involves mapping the networks of 10 highly collaborative organizations and communities of practice involved in NCDD (the World Café Community, Animating Democracy, Art of Hosting, Everyday Democracy, etc.), so conference attendees can get a better picture of the points of connection, the overlaps, and the possibilities for collaboration among those innovating in our field.  Our hope is to have graphic recorders join our interviewer, Kathryn Thomson of LeadershipMind Consulting, on recorded phone interviews, and then produce a graphic map of the themes that emerge from each interview.

We are able to provide a stipend of $300 per map to those who work with us. More info about the project is up at http://ncdd.org/15908 -- but please email me at sandy at ncdd.org if you are an experienced graphic recorder and might be interested in creating one of the maps!  (And feel free to forward this to your favorite graphic recorders.)

Sandy Heierbacher
Director, National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation
sandy at ncdd.org • www.ncdd.org • @ncdd & @heierbacher

Join us at the next National Conference on Dialogue & Deliberation this October 17-19 in the DC metro area!
Learn more at www.ncdd.org/ncdd2014 — and follow the event on Facebook at http://www.tinyurl.com/ks4dr8g