[OSList] CULTUREcon2014 Boston June 26 & 27

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 01:09:55 PDT 2014

Dear Dan,
my experience with "it-agile" of Hamburg in 2011 with the entire company
(35, including spouses and former employees plus a bunch of babies) in a
two day event with a planning meeting a month before and a next meeting
two months after the event, details here
> http://www.openspaceworldscape.org/ue_veranstaltung.asp?sprache=en&ds=0&branche=0&begleiterId=9&anzeigeOrtId=0#veran

(it takes a bit to load being a huge data base, its the second event
from the top called "Zufrieden Reisen in der Zukunft"... they had found
that several folks had left the company when children arrived in their
families which was tough to organize with the frequent and extended
travel, looking for a way to rearrange their processes so that nobody
would have to leave the company again in the future when children arrived).

This outfit had been working with a apparent variance of  "open space"
several times at their annual retreats (bar camp or something like it)
which seemed to fit their "agile" approach in a way that it took them a
while to warm up to the more "classic"  ost approach.
My assumption was that, although their agile approach seems to be "such
a natural fit" (as Diane points out) (it was Diane, by the way, that
pointed the outfit in Hamburg in my direction), there are some not so
fitting elements.

Have a great day
greetings from Berlin
mmp