[OSList] report short fulbright

doug ost at footprintsinthewind.com
Mon Apr 14 19:41:24 PDT 2014

Friends--

Here is what happened at the OS for Fulbright Scholars from the Americas
for their re-entry program:

Our allotted time was 8:30 to 10:30 am yesterday, April 13. This was
their last session of a 3+ day seminar for people from the Americas
prior to their returning to their home countries.

Theme: "Going Home: Issues and Opportunities"

Opening was standard, plus: we had a grid as if this were the first
session of a 3 day event. One session today, 4 sessions on day 2, one
session on day 3. We had stickies for time and place for each session in
the virtual future. I explained the two-sleep rule of thumb and
encouraged them to post more topics than we had time for, and they would
then take the responsibility for gathering folks via Skype, email,
conference call, etc.

We started out with about 8 participants. Midway through the opening
circle process explanation another 6 or so came in. Then just as folks
were about to name their topics, another group came in. We ended with 18
total.

Ten topics were posted, 3 sessions were held. They had about 45 minutes
for their conversations.

Then back in the plenary circle we made time for folks to post to the
next virtual days' sessions. No one posted anything. (I think maybe
because of the way people straggled in, not all had heard all the
invitations to post these sessions.) So we went into the standard closing.

:- Doug. Germann