[OSList] question about aeronautics and self-organisation in the US

christine koehler chris.alice.koehler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 05:52:39 PDT 2014

Hi everybody

I am discussing these days with a guy here who is a great story teller. He
tells stories about creation and self-organization. He challenges
corporations here to become as collaborative and innovative as the US
aviation industry where , he says, they created collaborative spaces, real
ones, buildings, where everybody involved in a project can come and
self-organize to do what they have to do. They have done that as really as
the 70's , he told me.

I am not very familiar with US aeronautic industry.
But this reminds me a lot about Harrison's story of the open space at
Boeing about building doors. And I wonder if he does not refer to this
story ...

So I would like to tap into your knowledge of this industry : did the
aeronautic industry (or even one player in this industry) actually
built/have  a building that enable all stakeholders to meet, collaborate
and self-organize in a super efficient way ?
Or is this just a dream ?

;)
Christine