[OSList] Open Space with Agile: Failure patterns

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon Sep 23 09:57:19 PDT 2013

Harold - you teach me so much - in every way you see, reflect upon and thoughtfully articulate your observation and experiences.

Tool, process, way of live, value system.
Open Space Technology, which also means not 'technology' in the commonly used sense of that word but instead a way of being (both existing in us and when invited by us and our clients). Which was always there, which maybe some people have not experienced or felt (yet), which maybe some people have to breathe into and experience to remember how they, their organization, their issue, individuals, the whole, is a living system.

Dan I know that a single 'intervention' or experience does not in itself usually change organizational or individual behavior. Nor does a single acupuncture treatment immediately shift-forever-suddenly-well a health situation. In your community as in others, I know that Agile folks will benefit from ongoing, regular 'body work'. So in one of your earlier messages about maintaining 'wellness' (my work) afterwards - to me, it is all about the before (pre-work, relationships, thoughtful preparation), the during (a lovely and productive Open Space), and the afterwards (continuing interconnections, continuing relationships, highlighting information, ideas and relationships that were generated at the event - and doing so between events, Open Space and otherwise).

A living system that is benefiting so much from all you Agile / Open Space 'body workers'….

Lisa