[OSList] OST / Gaming

Jenifer Toksvig never at acompletelossforwords.com
Thu Oct 24 10:50:42 PDT 2013

Dan: I have no spiritual beliefs. Honestly, I don¹t even know what that is.

I think sometimes people make connections with one another, and sometimes
people make connections with themselves, for all kinds of reasons. I think
we¹re all ultimately self-concerned, for all kinds of reasons.

Trying to explain those things through story is part of connecting. Trying
to define those things through story is partly rejecting.

I like OST because it is not story, but rather, it is the way things are. It
neither connects nor rejects.

It isn¹t interested in me. It doesn¹t ask me to be interested in it.

It is not possible to challenge it, or bend the rules, or break it. Nor can
I see a reason why anyone would want to.

Frankly, I am always surprised that there is anything to talk about on the
OS list. I return here after a break, and think: why are you people not just
sharing recipes?

It¹s not like I¹m surprised people don¹t get it. I¹m just surprised people
want to add to it. Sometimes I want to say ³Seriously, what are you
*discussing*? It¹s OS. Now, who knows a good warm winter stew recipe?²

It is what it is. So is life. I will live, and things will happen, and I
will die, and that is what it is. It¹s not possible to challenge it, or bend
the rules, or break it. Nor can I see a reason why I would want to. If you
like: Life isn¹t interested in me, and it doesn¹t ask me to be interested in
it.

I have no spiritual beliefs. Honestly, I don¹t even know what that is.

Jen x

Jenifer Toksvig
www.acompletelossforwords.com

The Copenhagen Interpretation