[OSList] The OST Game

Daniel Mezick dan at newtechusa.net
Tue Oct 15 07:00:48 PDT 2013

Harrison: thanks for engaging around this question. The last thing I
want to do is use the "g" word around here, for obvious reasons.

Nature is perfectly self-organizing, if left alone. I share this belief
with you.

I notice there is no waste in nature. All value is extracted from
everything all the time in nature, a 100% self-organized system.

Here is a good example of a little beetle that really, really gets it:
http://www.dirtdoctor.com/GUANO-BEETLE_vq3378.htm

The beetle does quite a good job of "...finding ways to enhance the way
they fit with the environment."

What is my point? For the beetle, there is a goal, there are
constraints, there is feedback, nothing is forced. There was some value
to extract. The goal-seeking beetle opts-in, subject to clear
constraints and continuous feedback.

There is no waste in nature.